November 19, 2015

Labas Everyone!



Well, to start out something crazy happened! I slept one night and in the morning when I woke up, I was told by one of the Elders that I was sleeping talking in a different language!!! It was Danish.. It would have been great if it was Lithuanian... but still pretty cool, haha!!

Also, two other Lithuanian missionaries and I sang a three part harmony of "Mary Did You Know" and got accepted to sing at a devotional here, so that was really awesome!!
Now time for the cool insights and stories of the week.

Cool story number one! So background. My mom served in the Manchester, England mission and taught a woman there. She married in the temple and had three sons. One of her sons is now going on a mission to the Philippines.  He came into the MTC last Wednesday and so I tried to focus on finding him! I couldn't find him for a day. Then at dinner I said a prayer that I could and when I went to go pick up mail, I walked into the mail room and there he was!!! Elder Walsh! I gave him the biggest hug and then found out where his room was! Turns out he was in the same residence as I was, so at night I went down and we just talked for 30 minutes! It was honestly the coolest thing, to see how my mom, who I love and look up to soo much, had taught this "one" family... and now their son is out teaching other families. (His older brother went to Milan, Italy) It made me think how even if I help "one" person on my mission, it will bless generations to come! Also, Elder Walsh has a "cool accent" and I wish I could have a British accent hahaha! Im so lucky I got to meet him and "literally see" the fruits of my mom's labors!

This week I have been reading a lot in Alma and it occurred to me how much of Alma consists of teachings of "trusting in the Lord"! It seems like every chapter has to do with that! Now tying this into the atonement, because the atonement is the greatest gift we have, when Christ atoned for our us, not only did he atone for our sins, but for every pain, trial, affliction, sickness, that we have been through. So when we are going through tough times in life it's nice to have someone that understands where you are coming from. Well, He knows EXACTLY what we are going through. So if you ever need anything get down on your knees and pray. Pray morning and night. Pray to the Father in the name of his son, Jesus Christ... our mediator... who loves us!

One thing they tell the solo missionaries here (missionaries going to their mission but are the only ones here going there) is to remember that Jesus Christ and the Spirit will always be your companion. So if you ever need anything just remember to pray. Alma states that if you will even exercise a particle of faith, then you can work miracles. I know this to be true! I know the Lord loves each and every one of you! I miss you all and am praying for you all!! 

18 days left and I will be in Lithuania!! Ahhhhhhh im sooo excited to get to the field even though it's going to be really cold there!! I love hearing from you all so don't be shy to write! Hope all is well!

Lo

Vyresnysis Curtis